Requirements to start Wholesale LPG Cylinders business in Kenya
The licensing of Wholesale (Liquefied petroleum gas) LPG cylinders in Kenya is done through the Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC). An application for licensing is evaluated within 30 days from the date of receipt application in accordance to the requirements of the Energy Act 2006.
Below are requirements by the Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC):
- Scanned original copy of certificate of incorporation/business registration certificate
- Scanned original copy of CR 12 from registrar of companies (not older than three months) for Limited Companies;
- Scanned original copies of Identification documents (IDs or Passports) for all the directors; 4. Scanned original copy of Single Business Permit from Respective County Government;
- Scanned original copy of valid tax compliance certificate from KRA; and
- Scanned original copy of PIN/VAT Certificate.
- Scanned original copy of Work permit/Entry Permit Class “H” for foreign directors
- Scanned copy of distributorship agreement from LPG Cylinder brand owner
- Weighing scale calibration certificate from Weights and Measures department
Consider an area that has a high number of potential customers such as a new estate. Your location should be convenient to the customer where one can be able to purchase the gas easily. This can be along a path, at a shopping center or at the ground floor of a flat for easy distribution to customers.
Building a business brand requires efforts and focus through advertising and brand building. For a start you can consider the use of billboards, giving direction to your wholesale gas business, use of stickers in shops, gates, matatu and any other viable public spaces.
Phone : + 254 722 200947 |+254 734 414333 | +254 708 444000
Office location: Eagle Africa Center, Longonot Road, Upper hill, Nairobi.
Do you have any Breaking News or Story you would like to be published on thefrankworld.com? WhatsApp us on +254 717 817 811 OR (Click Here) now!!